Introduction


Hi all. This blog is going to cover my training over the next few months and the ride itself for the Amsterdam 300 cycle ride for Scope in September. 300 miles in 2, yes 2, days, from London to Amsterdam.

The idea of the ride is daunting to say the least. An overnight cycle from London to Dover, 80 miles, catch the ferry to Calais and then straight back on the bike for another 110 miles to just outside Bruges in Belgium, camp for the night – not even a proper bed, and set off at dawn for another 110 odd miles into Amsterdam. 300 miles and 4 countries in 2 days!

Big thanks to VeloUK who have helped to sort me out some great kit. Please visit them using the link.

I also had an idea about doing a blog throughout the whole experience to pass on any tips I can, helpful advice, and hopefully and entertaining piece that might help anyone thinking of doing a charity ride.

Basically if I can do it then you can do it!

If you enjoy this blog and would like to sponsor me please visit my online donations page.

So here it is. Read on and enjoy.

Monday 10 September 2012

A week and a half to go...And CRASH !!


Just 6 miles into my first run on Saturday I went flying. My front wheel clipped the edge of a pothole and wipeout.
My right leg looks as if it has lost a fight with a cheese grater at the moment and is very stiff and sore. I also managed to take a chink out of my right elbow at the same time.

On the plus side, I dusted myself down, checked the bike and then got back on to carry on for another 75 miles. After completing the first 30 mile run, I made myself a coffee and then tended to my wounds, before going back out.

So 80 miles in a good time and the only after effects are the throbbing in my bad leg.

A week and a half for it to clear up then it's off to Amsterdam we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment