Introduction


Hi all. This blog is going to cover my training over the next few months and the ride itself for the Amsterdam 300 cycle ride for Scope in September. 300 miles in 2, yes 2, days, from London to Amsterdam.

The idea of the ride is daunting to say the least. An overnight cycle from London to Dover, 80 miles, catch the ferry to Calais and then straight back on the bike for another 110 miles to just outside Bruges in Belgium, camp for the night – not even a proper bed, and set off at dawn for another 110 odd miles into Amsterdam. 300 miles and 4 countries in 2 days!

Big thanks to VeloUK who have helped to sort me out some great kit. Please visit them using the link.

I also had an idea about doing a blog throughout the whole experience to pass on any tips I can, helpful advice, and hopefully and entertaining piece that might help anyone thinking of doing a charity ride.

Basically if I can do it then you can do it!

If you enjoy this blog and would like to sponsor me please visit my online donations page.

So here it is. Read on and enjoy.

Monday 17 September 2012

Just a few days to go now

And it's looking good.

Went out for a couple of hours of night riding Friday and Saturday night, then followed it up with a 30 mile sprint Sunday afternoon, and the good news is that my right legs felt fine after last weeks accident. It's still a bit bruised and sore but otherwise ok.

After that I stripped the bike down and washed, oiled and greased everything that needed it and put it back together.

Both man and bike are ready to go now.

One little tip. I suffer a bit with my knees, but I have found tha applying some ibroprofen gel to them prior to setting off, a bit more mid- day, and then another application after showering after the days ride stops any aches and pains occuring.

So now I am looking forward to Thursday evening and getting underway.

See you on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment